Home / Hair Ideas / Hair Ideas And Hair C are And Compare Your Haircare Regime to Your Skincare Regime

Hair Ideas And Hair C are And Compare Your Haircare Regime to Your Skincare Regime

 

DREAM ROUTINE

Face — cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect, apply make-up; hair — shampoo, condition and protect, style, finish. A shampoo will gently but effectively cleanse the hair shaft, while a conditioner will moisturize your hair like a good face cream moisturizes your skin. Appropriate styling and finishing products will protect it from heat and oxidation from ultraviolet Light and pollution which create dangerous free radicals. There are more benefits to be had by following a four-step haircare regime — shampoo, condition, style, and finish— than by relying on a shampoo alone.

Few women skip a step in their skincare routine are there still women who just use soap and water?) Because modern products are designed to work together. The same is true of haircare products. Have you noticed how wonderful your hair looks when you have just been to the hairdressers and had the full treatment of shampoos, conditioners, styling products and finishing spray? Use them all regularly and your hair will become stronger, more flexible and resistant to damage. It’s a cumulative effect.

 

Shampoos

Beauty skeptics love to disparage the relative merits of so-called designer shampoos. -There’s no difference between them and dishwashing liquid,- is their collective cry. Well, they are wrong. Here’s why: There is no denying that a bubble bath might share similar ingredients to a shampoo. But, as with humans whose bodies are made up of 90 percent water and yet each one is unique, it is the other 10 percent that makes all the difference. There are many special ingredients added to shampoos that can make hair took and behave as you would like, so experiment to find one that performs best for your hair type. Most modern shampoos are gentle enough to use every day and, in many cases, will

actually improve the condition of hair. It is not necessary to scrub your hair like you might your clothes because the surfactant properties of the key ingredients in shampoos allow grime, dust, oil and dirt to lift away from the hair shaft, leaving your hair clean and porous for conditioning.

PH-Balanced Shampoos

Using a shampoo that is not pH-balanced could damage your hair, so make sure you choose products carefully. Be extremely cautious of baby shampoos as some of these are not pH-balanced and are formulated for scalp care rather than for nourishing and cleansing the hair.

Dandruff Shampoos

Dandruff shampoos have changed dramatically in the past few years. Coal tar, the traditional dandruff remedy, has been replaced by new wonder ingredients such as piroctone olamine. The shampoo acts as an exfoliant to help shed the surplus cells. The best anti- dandruff shampoos include tea tree oil, a natural antiseptic that will not overdry the scalp or damage hair.

 

Frequently Asked Questions

 

Q. Is shampooing regularly bad for your hair and will it fade color?

A No.  as long as you use good products that are PH-balanced and contain conditioning agents to seal the cuticle and lock in color.

 

Q. Why does my hair feel greasy and my scalp dry after shampooing?

A. This comes from not rinsing out products thoroughly. Always rinse the hair until it feels “squeaky clean” to the touch.

Q. Do ,hampoos, conditioners and styling products cause build-up and if so, what can be done?

A. Some products’ ingredients can cause a build-up or intolerance. This can be prevented by using a detoxifying shampoo every two weeks, which will also cleanse the hair from outside pollution.

About Sara